Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sunway Piramid Chinese New Year 2013

For Asians, the Chinese New Year or Spring Festival or Lunar New Year is upon us. This year, it falls on Feb 10th and in Malaysia, every shopping mall will try and outdo each other in order to get an 'audience'.

As it so happen that after a family event in Subang, we visited Sunway Pyramid.

They decided to pay homage to boats of yesteryears, so to speak; called a Tongkang, an old chinese sail boat.

It's quite amusing to see a pond/lake (if you will), where normally, it's actually dry land and to think when there are no promotions happening in the main court, you can just stroll across it!
Peeking through.
Wanna go up? You can...
As there were a lot of people, it's certainly difficult to take pictures without anybody blocking your view.

More so if you don't have a Wide Angle lens then! You see, I wasn't expecting to visit a shopping mall and for the family event, all I brought with me was my Sigma 30mm/2.8 and some more interesting lenses which I will mention later.

So below is the closest I got to getting the whole ship into one frame due to space restrictions.
Do you feel like in the seas? Sadly, no salt water though...
The sail almost reaching the top of the atrium.
Now, the Sigma 30mm/2.8 may be cheap but it's certainly a fantastic performer for the budget price one pays for!
The back and sadly, I have no idea what it means...!
As I was about to head back, my ears heard some drumming...
I was hoping for some Lion Dances as they are only available during this festive season. Alas, it's the start of a Chinese Orchestra!
Thankfully, I had brought my newly acquired Nex to Pentax adapter and along with it, the FA50/1.4 and FA100/3.5
But as a huge crowd was around them, what better way to test the adapter+FA100...

So let's snip, shall we?
Focus peaking was used for this purpose and for most purposes, it worked well.



The End.

No comments:

Avillion @ PD - 2nd Round visit!

Does this look familiar??? It does? Yup. We are back @ Avillion PD. We loved it so much, that we decided we would love a revisit. So, he...