Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sydney - Taronga Zoo

It's been a really long time since we visited a zoo. And this one is located in Sydney's outskirts... So we took the ferry services that came free with our weekly ticket to cross over to the other side of the harbour.

And after a 5 mins walk...

One of the best things about the zoo is the view of the harbour from the opposite side...
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence #1
Peacock strutting away...
And who said you can walk in my way? Get out of my way!
Hmmmm... Now, where did I...
It's so hot...
Wallaby eyeing something?
Nope, just itching for a scratch.
Ooooh. BIG lizard to eat! Yum!
I don't like the way that crazy bird has been staring at me...
An explanation of the Wallaby.
Real? Nope. It's the only Platypus we could find that wasn't hiding as the are nocturnal creatures... pity.
No. They certainly don't resemble the Tasmanian Devil as depicted by Loony Tunes!
What's that?
Something's up ...
Oh... it's Koala feeding time. No wonder all those homo sapiens are so excited!

Koala: Why can't I eat in peace???
 View of the harbour from the opposite side... #2
This is definitely real, ok?
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence #2
Who's calling me?
I.. am ... your ... father. Search your feelings. You know it to be true...
Not that goats could care less... fathers, sons, daughters, mothers...
Wanna come into my humble abode?
Nah, I'll just stick out here.
Snow Leopard couldn't care at all and just wanted to enjoy the shade and hide from prying eyes.
Hey, can I come up there to where you are?
My son, how did you get to the other side?

The End.

No comments:

Avillion @ PD - 2nd Round visit!

Does this look familiar??? It does? Yup. We are back @ Avillion PD. We loved it so much, that we decided we would love a revisit. So, he...