Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kadazan Wedding... Yours truly #1

18th December 2010.

That was my 2nd wedding. So to speak, due to my marriage with someone part Kadazan.

BUT, there is one advantage this time: I get to see the Make Up session where previously, she was in a hotel, and I at my parents house.

All this was done in her family house in Putatan, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and so is the simple ceremony.

So let's start shall we? The following photos was taken by a Photographer called Wendell.

Drawing your eyebrows...
Which eyelash do you want? Conservative? Extreme? Scary?
Putting the selected eyelash on.
Time to style the hair!
"You got a problem with me, bub?"
The final product. Pretty eh?
With Moi...
And Moi decided to be a Ah Pek for 1 minute...
Trying to teach me how to dance the Sumazau; a traditional Kadazan dance.
We're all dressed up!
Need I SAY anything else? :)
Yes, I've got a head gear!!!
Our 3 layer cake. The 1st layer is to be consumed on the day itself. 2nd layer is for the immediate family. 3rd layer? It goes into the fridge, and 1 year thereafter, to be consumed! Think of it my 1st year Anniversary Kadazan cake!
All of us in the immediate family, plus my auntie who decided to follow us to KK, sans her sister who was busy getting her make up done.
Our guest book.
All decked up.
And I've got an arch too!

More to follow...

2 comments:

~nazaku~ said...

hi. congrates on the wed. i really like to know more about the kadazandusun wedding process. can you tell more? :) tq

kwan said...

Hi,
I believe Wiki would have more details that I can explain. PLUS, the whole thing was more or less set up by my brother in law as both of us are working in KL.

So we basically just fly in to KK and follow what my BIL and MIL asked us to do...

Sorry, can't really help you there. And I think i've forgotten most of it too! :P

Kwan

Playground @ Taman Tasik Perdana (Perdana Lake Gardens)

Some time ago, Moi and family decided to visit this massive outdoor playground... From suspension bridges... To massive slides....