Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fancy a nuclear reactor in your backyard?

Malaysia is thinking of having nuclear power in the next 10 odd years. But being a Malaysian, one can certainly imagine the amount of hue and cry when people find out where it'll be located. I need electricity, but just don't have it in my backyard!!! *sigh*

But not so for the Swiss... the below picture examplifies it...
In fact, even the train tracks run really close to these people's backyard. Something like 5 feet away! And here we are in Malaysia complaining about "I want LRT (light rain transit) system in my neighbourhood, but just not behind my house!!!"

Guess that's why our LRT extension project is d.e.a.d...

No comments:

Playground @ Taman Tasik Perdana (Perdana Lake Gardens)

Some time ago, Moi and family decided to visit this massive outdoor playground... From suspension bridges... To massive slides....