Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Notre Dame Basilica in Geneva

The Basilica. From the outside, you would hardly think that it´s a basilica at all. I mean, yeah, you´ve got these carvings and all, but it doesn´t really say much...
I hope she´s smilling down on me! :)

Now, once you step in however, things change. Tons of glass paintings greet you, and also are lined up along the side of the main aisle.

Its grand pipe organ...

And the main aisle...
Well, this is something you don't see back in KL. In fact, I don't know of any church that has this mini ladder/vieweing platform...
The basilica's altar, above it, there are these stain glasses. And the crucifix hangs down. Literary hangs...
See what I mean?
One of the stain glasses caught my eye...
Our Lady's corner. Its done really well...
Something else that caught my attention...
The Sacred Heart section...

A different angle on the crucifix...

And that's it from the Basilica...

No comments:

Playground @ Taman Tasik Perdana (Perdana Lake Gardens)

Some time ago, Moi and family decided to visit this massive outdoor playground... From suspension bridges... To massive slides....